Choosing your carpet has never been easier with Floors in Motion!
Visualizing your space with your new floor colour and design is easier with the sample in the room.
Need help choosing? We're always excited to help with colour choices and explain which type of carpet would best suite your home and family.
TIP: A key design tip we suggest to follow is to match floors with floors.
- Many Design Options; You can get any look you want by choosing the texture, pattern, colour and style of your carpet.
- Stain Resistant up to - Lifetime
- Fade Resistant up to - Lifetime
- Soil Resistant up to - Lifetime
- Anti-Static up to - Lifetime
- Wear Resistant up to - 20 years
- Texture Retention up to - 20 years
- Berber (Loop Pile) Loop carpets are suitable for high-traffic areas of the home. The loops can be produced in uneven heights for texture or level for durability.
- Cut Pile (Plush) Refers to any carpet that is made up of evenly cut fibres. Because of it's uniform surface, vacuum marks and foot traffic will be visible on these carpets. For this reason, this type of carpet is best suited for formal areas of the home.
- Cut and loop (Patterned) These carpets offer a combination of various cut and loop fibres at differing levels resulting in a sculptured pattern with several tones of the same colour. These carpets can be stunning in both wall=
- Nylon is the most versatile fibre used in the industry. We offer nylon carpets made from Stainmaster's 6.6 nylon fibre. Some of the 6.6 nylon advantages are: soil resistance, resiliency, cleanability, abrasion resistance, as well as the most flexible fibre for dyeing and styling.
- Polyester has changed enoromously since its inception. It is a soft, very bulky fibre which is extremely hard to dye. It is also hard to stain, therefore offers superior stain resistance.
- Polypropylene (olefin) fibre absorbs virtually no moisture and has inherent stain resistance because it is solution-dyed
This is the number of ounces of fibre per square yard. This gives you an insight of the density of the carpet fibres and is also a factor of carpet durability.
*Please note: Ounce weights can be misleading. Weight can be influenced by factors such as the height of the carpet fibres and which method was used to measure.
- Vacuum Regularly Regular, thorough vacuuming will remove dust and gritty dirt particles and reduce the abrasion that can dull and wear carpet fibres.
- Professional Cleanings We proudly recommend Steam Experts Carpet Cleaning to those in Durham Region. Carpets need to be professionally cleaned every 12-18 months (keep all receipts for proof of cleaning). Non-approved cleaning products or treatments will void your warranty.
- Clean Spills Immediately Prompt attention to spots and spills will make removal easier. Always blot the area being cleaned, never rub, scrub or brush.
- Use Mats Place walk-off mats inside and outside entrances to your home to trap soil before it can be tracked in. Be sure to clean mats weekly to ensure they don't become soil sources. Avoid latex-backed runners which may yellow the carpet.